The Village is once again continuing our program with Chicago-based MC Squared Energy Services. Ratepayers will be charged the exact same rate as ComEd and will enjoy the added benefit of 100% Green Energy via Midwest- Wind generation facilities as represented by Renewable Energy Certificates (“RECs”) at zero added cost to ratepayers and the Village.
To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view this video clip prepared by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Through this program the Village will be designated an EPA Green Power Community.
Notices will be mailed to residents and small businesses on December 19. Some accounts will move to MC Squared, but the net effect for all is identical: all pay the same rate!
1.The Village of Libertyville offers an electric aggregation program. A Chicago based company, MC Squared Energy Services, LLC (mc2), was selected in a competitive bid process to serve the Village with electric supply. MC Squared will provide eligible residents and small businesses with an electric supply price equal to the ComEd rate through the remaining term of Eighteen (18) months, ending with the August 2024 ComEd meter read cycle.
2. You are not required to do anything to participate. MC Squared will automatically process your enrollment. You will pay the same rate as the published monthly ComEd rate. There are no enrollment fees or early termination fees.
3. Opt-Out Option: You have twenty-one (21) days from the date of this notice to opt out. You may opt out by calling 888-423-1399, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or returning the enclosed card by January 9, 2023.
• Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
• No hidden fees, no termination fee, flexibility to join or leave the program
• The Village earns designation as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost to you
• Residents’ power consumption is offset by Green Energy generated from renewable generation sources located in the Midwest, for zero cost
• The Village’s Carbon footprint will be significantly reduced
No one from MC Squared, ComEd, or the Village will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be the Village supplier, MC Squared, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions. Questions: email Adam Hoover at email@example.com or call 888-423-1399.