9-1-1 should be used for all emergencies. Some examples of emergencies include:
• If you smell smoke or see fire
• To get help for someone who is hurt
• If you see someone getting hurt
• If you see a crime in progress
• If you're not sure you have an emergency
When a Libertyville 9-1-1 Dispatcher receives a 9-1-1 call, they immediately know where the call was placed from. In addition, the call can quickly be transferred to any nearby public safety agency. If the call is reporting a medical emergency, the dispatcher can give pre-arrival instructions over the phone.
For non-emergency calls, please dial our business number, 847-362-8310.