Inspection Requests and Construction Hours
Inspections are required for all permitted work. Inspection requests must be made at least 24 hours before the time requested. The person to whom the building permit is issued is legally responsible for inspection requests to be made in the proper sequence of construction and in a timely manner. It is recommended that final payment to a contractor not be made until the final inspections have been approved.
You may request an inspection online or by phone at (847) 918-2020, via fax at (847) 918-9439 or in person at 200 E.Cook Avenue. Inspections must be requested a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
There shall be no construction work, material hauling or construction equipment start-up before the hour of 7:00 am, nor shall construction work continue past the hour of 6:00 pm. There shall be no construction work on Sunday before the hour of 12:00 noon.
Types of Inspections
In general, inspections are made for:
- Structural concrete, when form work is completed but before concrete is placed (footings & walls)
- Foundation walls, after stripping, damp proofing, with drain title in place before backfilling
- Sanitary/storm/sump pump lines and water service, hooked up at mains, in the trench, before backfilling
- Underground piping, conduit and duct work prior to covering
- Underslab prior to pouring concrete floor slab
- All rough framing, plumbing, electric and HVAC, before insulation or drywall Insulation
- Ceiling (commercial only)
- Final inspection of the finished project by all of the appropriate inspection staff