- Boards & Commissions
- Human Relations Commission
Human Relations Commission
- Seven-member commission
- Concurrent, one-year terms
- Staff liaison: Deputy Administrator
- 5:00 pm
- First Wednesday of each month
- Village Hall
Duties and Powers
- To review and make recommendations to the president and board of trustees with respect to the adoption of an affordable housing plan and any ordinances and/or regulations implementing such plan, as provided by the Affordable Housing and Appeal Act, 310 ILCS 67/1 et seq.
- To foster, encourage, and stimulate the improvement of relations among and between citizens of all races, creeds, national origins, and economic and educational levels; and to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow and participate to the best of their ability in the economic, educational, social, and cultural activities available in the community and enhance the quality of life of all residents.
Human Relations Commission Survey and Small Group Discussion Report
The Human Relations Commission (“HRC”) is made up of Libertyville resident volunteers appointed by the Mayor. Its mission is to foster attainable housing, equal opportunity and fair treatment for all residents, and positive relations between racial, ethnic, and other groups that make up the community, with the ultimate goal of enhancing all residents’ quality of life.
In 2020, the HRC developed an online survey to help focus its efforts on issues of most importance to residents within the community. Upon completion of the survey the HRC utilized the data to develop and hold small-group meetings with Libertyville residents during November 2020. The purpose of the small-group sessions was to learn about residents’ experiences and ideas on the following topics: Attainable Housing and Public Safety; Access to Cultural Opportunities and Events; and Diversity, Welcoming and Inclusivity. The HRC has developed a summary document from both the survey data and small-group sessions. Click here to view the report.